Friday, March 09, 2007

New Obsessions - March, 2007

foodblog 1678
  1. Shopping for outdoor furniture.
  2. Hand letterpressed cards from India Ink- for birthdays, weddings, babies, my one true love, etc.
  3. K Sandwiches - Mmmmm....Iced Vietnamese Coffee and BBQ Pork Bahn Mi....
  4. The Proenza Schouler collection at Target (though it's almost gone now.)
  5. Shopping at the local ethnic markets - Northgate, Mitsuwa, etc.
  6. Shopping at People's Organic Foods in OB.
  7. Figuring out where to eat during my 3 days in San Francisco in April - Boulevard? Zuni? Range? Tartine? The Ferry Building? So many choices so little time!
  8. My Nespresso D90 espresso machine (I got a screaming deal on Amazon and I use it every day at work, with the Roma cartridges.)
  9. Checking out the Guild - the new restaurant/art gallery in Logan Heights.
  10. Haagen Dazs Extra Rich Light Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
  11. Lean Cuisine Brick Oven pizzas, (especially the bbq chicken and garlic chicken.)
  12. The butterscotch creme brulee (and everything else I've tried) at Jayne's Gastropub.
  13. Hot Chocolate (Chuao's Abuela is my favorite.)
  14. Eggs for dinner - on a salad with chicory, lardons and mustard vinaigrette!
  15. Going to the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena.
  16. Second hand and salvage shopping at Rocky's and Urban Seed and Garden in University Heights, The Bungalow Store and Architectural Salvage on India, and Newport Avenue in OB. (Oh, and a burger at Hodad's while in OB!)
  17. Venturing out downtown at lunchtime - lots of hits, some misses.
  18. Planning our trip to Santa Barbara and Big Sur in October (we scaled back from Spain.)
  19. Making new jewelry for spring and summer.
  20. Gourmet Doughnuts, like these.

4 comments:

  1. Gourmet donuts? Where can I get some?! I'm still a bit bummed out that San Diego is completely void of Dunkin' Donuts, but I've managed to survive four years without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, only in New York, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a place in LA too. I do have a deep fryer - I suppose I could make some!

    Someday I'd like to make churros and hot chocolate for a dinner party - pipe pate a choux into the fryer, then roll them in cinnamon sugar. With thick, whipped hot chocolate? Mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain Jack3/10/07, 8:40 AM

    Patio Furniture: That product looks great, buy it, life is short. It looks like 4 large would make a nice dent.

    San Francisco: Think about Acquerello and Slanted Door, they both were excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you think Jack! I'd love to spend four grand on that patio furniture, but my paycheck has other plans unfortunately... mostly with the flagstone and gravel that is sitting in our yard right now waiting to be installed (I can't wait!) It's amazing how much that stuff costs though - even for kind of crappy stuff.

    I will definitely consider those - I loved "Out the Door" at the Ferry Building - so I'm sure I'd like the Slanted Door. I'm on a total Vietnamese food kick right now too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...