Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day One of the Gourmet Institute - So Far...

Me with Gavin Kaysen
It was a total surprise to meet Gavin Kaysen at Daniel Boulud's session on preparing lobster this afternoon. He is such a doll, and I just about fell over when he told me that he's read the blog and likes it!

I have put up the first round of photos from the sessions today, though I haven't had time to title them - you can view them here. (I'm going to go run around the block right now to try and work up an appetite for dinner tonight at Picholine!)

I've been having a great time palling around with Amy Sherman from Cooking with Amy, making new friends, and chilling with Ian Knauer, who is just about the coolest guy ever (aside from my husband of course!)


  1. I am so jealous I could throw up. JEALOUS.

    Great blog BTW.

  2. You're hot sista! Why wouldn't he like your blog!

  3. Rookie Cookie - oh no! - it's not my intent to brag, I hope it doesn't come off that way. It's just such an amazing event I can't help it! Thanks for saying nice things nonetheless! ;-)

    Rayrena - awww - you are so sweet! Your blog is great too!

  4. You look so great in that photo! It sounds like so much fun; I hope I can go sometime.