Thursday, September 10, 2009

Paulette Macarons and Pierre Herme's Paris Pad

paulette box ii
I'm still working on my post about last week's trip, but in the meantime, I'm already thinking about my next trip to San Francisco, coming up at the end of this month. Specifically, I'm thinking about Friday - when I am planning an afternoon around a visit to Paulette's Macarons. Thinking about macarons in turn reminded me of these photos of Pierre Herme's abode in Paris, which I've been wanting to share for a while.
10_15_08_pierre_herme17701

These are from The Selby, which I like because it gives you a bit more of a voyeur's point of view. The apartments might be cleaned, but they aren't styled - they look the way you'd expect them to look if you came for a visit. I dig the Nelson ball clock above - it really makes the scene.
10_15_08_pierre_herme17704

Olive oil in colorful cans?
10_15_08_pierre_herme17712

Apparently Pierre cooks on an induction cooktop. Does anyone out there have one? Do you like it?

10_15_08_pierre_herme17713

Does every apartment in Paris have those windows and parquet floors or does it just seem like it?
10_15_08_pierre_herme17688

See what I mean about it looking lived in?
10_15_08_pierre_herme17693


I love Paris, but I guess San Francisco will do...for now. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Love the decoration and creative inspiration! Must go find olive oil in a colorful tin and a cute nelson clock (is that what you call those?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had induction cook tops at culinary school (San Diego Culinary) and they are incredible. They heat pans faster and more evenly than a gas top.

    For fun one day we timed how long it took to boil water: under 60sec.

    I would LOOOOOVE one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I'm going to San Fran at the beginning of November and I cannot wait!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete