Wednesday, September 23, 2009

BlogHer Food Weekend Itinerary

Coit TowerI'm going to San Francisco this weekend for BlogHer Food, and I am VERY excited. My schedule is jam-packed with lots of new places and things to see, and new people to meet. So much so that it's a little overwhelming, but with fortitude and perseverence, I think I can make it through. ;-)

Here's a little peek at what I have planned:
Inside Boulette's

Thursday: fly up in the afternoon, stay with Tommy. Dinner in the lounge at Coi.

Friday: Breakfast at Salt House with Moira, then check out the Avedon exhibit at SF MOMA. Lunch at Bar Jules with Caron and Amy. Then visit Paulette Macarons and whatever other delights we can find in Hayes Valley. Dinner at Contigo with Cindy.

Saturday: Sam's pre-BlogHer Food hike, then the BlogHer Food convention at the St. Regis Hotel with three tracks of sessions to choose from: "Values," "Vocation" and "Visual." I think I'll be spending a lot of time in visual - not only are some of my favorite bloggers teaching the classes (e.g. Heidi from 101 Cookbooks, Matt from MattBites) but I really want to improve my photography skills. The event includes breakfast, lunch, cocktail party and after party - so I haven't made any other plans that day!

Sunday: Brunch at Boulette's with a lovely group of SF girls, many of whom I have not yet met. Then I'll stock up on Acme Bread, Recchiuti chocolates and the like, and fly home in the afternoon.

Whew!

I can't wait.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Alice! It was nice meeting you last night :) Wish I were headed up to SF on Thursday too... didn't give myself enough time to really explore the food sights of the city. Have fun, and I'll see ya up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Avedon exhibit at MOMA is great...esp. liked the haunting, yet beautiful Marilyn Monroe photo. Sounds like a great weekend planned - enjoy!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! It definitely sounds like you will. See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I really wish I was going and could meet everyone. I'm going to the Foodbuzz blogger fest in November, but it just won't be the same!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip sounds super fun, I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice, I'm jealous! I am certain you had fun as the weather (i've heard) has been lovely in the Bay Area and the food, even more so. IF you made it to the Avedon exhibit, let me know. I must tell you what Emmet, my oldest said (loudly) when he saw the portrait of Nureyev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have an exciting trip ahead. Enjoy yourself, take notes & pics, and hopefully we will get to see them.

    Best Wishes from deep south Texas!
    Yoli Kalkofen
    http://www.themarthablog.com

    ReplyDelete