Thursday, November 05, 2009

Koffi Coffee - Palm Springs

Seeing this fabulous Design Sponge city guide for Palm Springs the other day reminded me that I have been meaning to tell you about Koffi in Palm Springs for a while now.
Koffi - Palm Springs
My job takes me out to the desert a few times a year for early morning court appearances. Whenever I have the time, I turn it into a little mini vacation - spending the night before and cruising through Palm Springs for a quick peek through the some of the best thrift and vintage stores to be found. I'm not one of those people who would NEVER go to a Starbucks, but I do like to frequent the local joints when I can, and Koffi makes this easy.
Koffi - Palm Springs
It's every bit as serious a coffee bar as you will find in San Francisco or Los Angeles - and the happening heart of the town's social scene in the mornings - when everyone, it seems, is parked on their courtyard lawn out back sipping their morning joe.
Koffi - Palm Springs
They make their own pastries and a few decent pre-made panini sandwices - they're nothing to write home about, but they'll keep you going. The real draw though is the coffee. They brew ground coffee by the cup, and their baristas pull shots to rival the best I've had anywhere.
Koffi - Palm Springs
I'm heading out there again in a couple of weeks, with Grace's list in hand. I'm hoping for another breakfast at the Parker, but if I can't quite swing that, or decide to spend all my time at the Angel View Thrift Mart and Revivals (the Palm Springs AIDS project thrift stores) - I know I'll be perfectly content with my morning cup of Koffi!

Koffi
(near Trina Turk and downtown PS on Palm Canyon)
515 North Palm Canyon Drive at Alejo
Open 5:30 a.m to 8:00 p.m.
760.416.2244

2nd location (across the street from the Ace Hotel)
1700 South Camino Real at East Palm Canyon Drive
Open 5:30 a.m to 8:00 p.m.
760.322.7776

Other Palm Springs posts:
A Weekend in the Inferno
P.S. I Love You Part I - the Viceroy and Palm Canyon Drive
P.S. I Love You Part II - the Parker Palm Springs

5 comments:

  1. We never quite made it over the road, we were making the most of the delicious brekkie at cheeky's. I suggest you check it out if you're in the area and dont manage to swing brekkie at the parker!!
    http://cheekysps.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there I came across your blog. Looks like we are on the same quest for great food and drink. http://gingerandnutmeg.wordpress.com/

    Cheers
    Nutmeg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coffee, I wish someday to go there.

    ReplyDelete