Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer Lovin'

IMG_9673
A few things I can't get out of my mind right now...
  1. Stripes! I just can't get enough. Navy and white, red and white, charcoal gray and white, black and white... love 'em all.
  2. Natural leather bags and shoes.
  3. Iced Vietnamese Coffee - extra dark.
  4. The MIHO Gastrotruck - I love sitting outside behind Casa Artelexia in Little Italy on Wednesdays at lunchtime.
  5. Reading on my iPad. It has turned me into such a bookworm! I just finished What is the What by Dave Eggers, which left me in awe; and I loved Medium Raw by Tony Bourdain and Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver.
  6. African straw Bolga baskets (I bought a tote style one at the Adams Avenue Farmers Market and I want a round one for the garden.)
  7. Viva Pops popsicles - especially the Salted Caramel, Mexican Chocolate and Tart Pluot!
  8. Caprese salads made with juicy heirloom tomatoes and fresh burrata.
  9. Cold cucumber soup and rose wine.
  10. Blouses for fall.
  11. Vintage Hudson and Pendleton blankets.
  12. Getting back in the vintage game. Watch this space...
  13. Camp Confab! Are you in?

5 comments:

  1. Like your post and photo looks so delicious! I have loved Summer Fest Recipes. See my recipe this week for Tomatoes with Basil Drizzle http://www.ingredientsinc.net/2010/08/easy-appeti...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that salad is to die for. I LOVE the colored tomatoes!!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha..Interesting post!
    There's goona be something that I won't get my minds off for a while now.. That plat full of inviting salad :-)
    This was my first time participating in the summerfest n I enjoyed it so much. Here's something Indian I did with my tomatoes.
    http://www.indiansimmer.com/2010/08/tadka-tomato-dal-and-green-tomato.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on my twitter that the MIHO Gastrotruck was in Little Italy today. I'm trying to ignore it but its getting difficult. Must resist all temptations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun seeing you at Casa Artelexia.

    ReplyDelete