Monday, October 25, 2010

Back from San Francisco

San Francisco 10.10

We're back from another all-too-short weekend in San Francisco. We went to celebrate a friend's birthday, with - what else? Lots of eating and drinking. Dinners at Boulevard and Slanted Door, and another fabulous lunch at Pizzeria Delfina - possibly my favorite place to eat, anywhere. (It's pretty much in a three way tie with Chez Panisse Cafe and Zuni. Oh, and Hog Island Oyster Company too!)
San Francisco 10.10

After lunch, we walked around the neighborhood for a bit - until it started to rain. We stopped in the Apartment, a vintage furniture and home decor shop a couple of blocks away. I really liked these red chairs - only $380 for all 4!
San Francisco 10.10

We popped in at Paxton Gate and looked at the taxidermied animals, bugs and garden goods.
San Francisco 10.10

We ran across this fabulous garage sale, with all of the merchandise arranged by color. I bought the little yellow napkin holder on the table. I wanted the table too, but it would have been tough to take home on the plane.
San Francisco October 2010

I also made a pilgrimage to 826 Valencia. I was hoping to see Dave Eggars so I could profess my undying love and propose marriage, but he didn't seem to be around.
San Francisco 10.10

When it started to rain, we hopped in a cab and went to the De Young Museum. The Musee d'Orsay exhibit was sold out, so after a trip up to the observation deck we wound up in the tea pavilion of the Japanese Tea Garden with a steaming cup of tea, looking out at the rain - an experience I highly recommend.
San Francisco 10.10

I'll be back later this week with more specifics. Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment