Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Indulging My Inner Luddite

Pictures8

Lately I've been enjoying getting back to basics - especially in the kitchen. I've been using a mortar and pestle instead of a food processor, cuddling up with blankets instead of turning on the heat, and setting the table with cloth napkins instead of paper. I've also discovered Weck jars for storing and reheating leftovers (especially soup) and I'm drawn to materials like paper, clay and wood instead of plastic. I like the aesthetic, and it just feels good!

From top left - Chalkboard garden markers, Pendleton auto blanket, Weck jars, yellow folk tea towel, ash cutting board, fall tea towel, and rooster "hooray" card from Terrain

Mortar and pestle from
Crate and Barrel

Deroma terra cotta pot from
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment