Thursday, October 07, 2010

Kimmel Kids Art of Exchange Craft Weekend at the Ace Hotel

I'm off to Palm Springs this weekend with our 7 and 10 year old nieces, Caelan and Emma, to partake in the Kimmel Kids Art of Exchange Crafting Community at the Ace Hotel. When I found out about the program (courtesy of a friend's post on Facebook) I said "Hey! I want to do that!" Luckily, I was able to draft the girls into coming along. They do love this sort of thing (they had a BLAST when I took them to the Children's Museum last year) so I really think they'll dig it. I know I will.

While we're on the subject of funky, cool kids stuff - there's something about this new J. Crew ad campaign that I just love. It's very Royal Tenenbaums, no? (Those are Kimmel Kids stencils on the teepee.) The Buster Balloons are amazing. Seriously. He's exhibited at the Half Gallery in New York, and some of his creations are downright unreal. And he's available for parties in the LA area!
.
jcrew_ad

The next couple of days are going to be a whirlwind of packing, working and getting ready to go out of town (with a trip to the vet and Target in there somewhere) so I won't see you until after the weekend, but please do have a good one! If all goes well, I'll be back on Monday with some nifty projects to show you. :)

photos above taken from this post on the Ace Hotel's blog about the first event last Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment