Monday, February 07, 2011

Michelle Armas

Michelle Armas - Zena
Hey there! One reason I haven't been posting much here in the last week or two, is that I've been busy doing a little decorating around the house.   You wouldn't believe how much work it is to buy cartloads of stuff at Ikea and West Elm and take it all back the next day! 
Michelle Armas - Mimi
Right about the time I started this project, I also discovered Pinterest.  It's a site that lets you bookmark items and store them on "pinboards." It's a great way to show off things you like, and create inspiration boards for decorating projects, parties, etc.  It's a lot of fun to create and curate your own boards and see what other people have pinned.  You can follow them, and their boards will show up on your feed.
Michelle Armas - Onshine Hand Painted Blocks
I created a pinboard for this project, and I am pleased to say that one of the items I pinned is now hanging on the wall. It's the Michelle Armas "teeny painting" - pictured below (at about actual size, come to think of it.)  I've been loving her work for a while now.   This little mini cost about $40. - a steal if you ask me, and if I had the funds, I'd definitely spring for one of her larger paintings. She sells some of her works, including the blocks above and some small paintings, in her Big Cartel store.  (I got one of her cool signed calendars too.)
Michelle Armas - Tenny
Her work appears to be rapidly gaining in popularity, and she now sells her larger scale works through a  gallery.  Just browsing through it, it appears many of the larger scale works she had available just a few weeks ago have sold. As of press time, the one below "Capri" - a 48 inch square painting, was still available, but the price has shot up in just the past few days from $1000 to $1400(!)   
Michelle Armas - Capri
This one would look nice in the living room - which I've now started in on too. I've bought one...two, three...four?  Yes, four rugs for the living room floor, and what's currently on it?  Nothing.   You should feel sorry for my husband.

For more information and images of her art, check out Michelle's blog, Armas Design.

5 comments:

  1. I love all of those so much. I wish I could afford the huge ones- they would look amazing in my house. I did end up ordering one of the small prints- it's still exciting just to have one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post! I actually know exactly how much work it is to buy all that stuff then return it, whew, I feel tired just thinking about it. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh - very cool site! Looks like I could spend a lot of time on Pinterest! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I really like her artwork. nice picks! good luck redecorating. at least you have art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate to coming home with loads of stuff and returning it the next day! Beautiful artwork (don't get me started on how many paintings I have moves around the house...never quite works in the space I specifically bought it for)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...