Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holidays, 2011

B266929F-D2C3-4D26-9EB7-7AC0E20C1882.JPG
It's been a good week. We took a few days off before the weekend and spent some time with the girls (our 8 and 11 year old nieces).  We played with the puppy, who is growing like a weed and is such a sweetheart we can hardly stand it.  I did a lot of baking.  Too much, it turns out. One can only eat so much peppermint bark.... (or should, anyway.)  To cap it off, on Friday we brought back the now bi-annual Posole party - complete with killer margaritas.  
9FADCB53-99E8-4855-8BCE-D5DCE4EDEB12.JPG
Our Christmas celebration was low key.  I received some lovely gifts.  The tile is from a local artisan, and my friend Lisa gave me an autographed copy of the Chez Panisse book, and James got me the Clare Vivier tote I asked for. I also got the Milk Bar cookbook and the Chez Panisse menu book.  Planning a post on those soon.  The jars are Saba, a grape must product that is absolutely delicious, and a small bottle of fine balsamic vinegar - from my personal trainer, because she is a huge foodie. I gave her the Mozza cookbook.
4CEF8723-46BE-4054-AD93-C56C9BE30256.JPG
I just harvested the first basket of tangerines the other day.  Usually they're ripe in time for Christmas, but not quite this year.  We also have Meyer lemons coming in.  I've been doing some dining out and need to write up a few new places, and have a year end post in the works so stay tuned...

I hope your holidays were filled with joy and peace and your new year is as well.  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment