Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tell Tale Preserve Co. Update

 
A few months ago, I told you about a new enterprise in San Francisco called the Tell Tale Preserve Co.  Pastry Chef William Werner anticipates opening his cafe this Spring, but in the meantime, he is selling sweet and savory pastries, confections and jams through his monthly Tell Tale Society subscription bags - and a weekly stand at the local farmers markets in San Francisco:

 
The big news though, is that through the month of December, he's also running a "popup shop" - called the Tell Tale Trunk Show,  at Big Daddy Antiques in San Francisco - which looks like a pretty cool place all on its own... 
 
Open 9-5 Monday - Saturday through the month of December, the shop will offer the pastries, confections and jams Chef Werner is becoming known for, as well as coffee service.  A few people I know have ordered the Society bags and sampled items from the farmers markets, and the reviews are universally positive. 
 
I finally broke down and ordered one of the Society bags for myself for January - a little treat to help alleviate the post-holiday letdown...  :)

 
There's a chance the Trunk Show could continue if it's a success, so if you're in the area, get on over there and check it out (and please report back if you do!)   If you're not in the area, you can always order a subscription bag.  You can't pick your items, but that's part of the fun of it, and I can safely say that out of the four or five that have gone out so far, there hasn't been one I wouldn't be thrilled to get!

Photos via Dessert First  - where you can also find more detailed information and background.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this...I was prompted by your original post to order a bag and it was here when we got back from the Oregon coast...it's filled with such wonderful goodies..I can't wait for the next one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that! Really looking forward to my first one, I'm sure you'll see it here. :)

    ReplyDelete